Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halsey

Series or Standalone

Any readers here? For those who relish to read, do you prefer series or standalone?

I don't mind a series, because when I culminate reading a book, sometimes it's good to be left in suspense wanting to read more into the story with the next release, especially if there's an abundance of intriguing story to tell. If it's something that seems like it can and should be wrapped up in one book, then I'd prefer a standalone.

Edited by Halsey

Series. When I get invested in the book I like there to lots of detail. When the story is good I just want to read more. I do not want to read something like 30 books although if good enough I will haha. However, I think for example, the Harry Potter books were great. Wouldn't have minded a few more but if that was a one book standalone it would never have been as well recieved.

Harry potter series were great. 

Some more great books to read are "The Secret" and "Looking For Alaska"

• Like 1

It's generally dependent on the substance of the book itself; there are definitely books that are better laid out in a series format rather than a standalone format and vice versa. I also enjoy short story compilations like Lovecraft's Necronomicon.