Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Jhoniee

Farming Timer and Notifications

It's a pain when you don't know when your plant is in need of water or cured. Should also give us a timer that shows when the plant will grow or something of that sort. Farming needs some changes, it's really a pain in it's current state. Some dialogue that says "Your plant at (patch location) is in need of water or cured from disease" would be sufficient enough.

Hi! Your plants do not die as far as I know of. Trees do grow in 8 hours. No idea about patches, I assume 2/4h.

But if any of your plants are sick, you're able to use the Lunars spellbook, same goes for water.

But in my experience, 1-94 farming on x5. None of my plants have died.

Maybe a login message, if your trees/patches are fully grown and ready to be harvested could be a thing, other than that. No really needed.

P.s. If any staff could let me know about the death of patches/trees to confirm would be nice.

Herb patches take 40 mins (never die)

Trees take 8 hours (never die)

Allotments take 20 mins (die slot) 

My advice is to only plant herbs/trees and not bother with allotments

• Thanks 1

For convenience this isn't about the plant dying , it's more for not having to check on multiple patches over and over again because you don't know if your crops need watering or cure from disease... A timer would be a big plus as well, would make farming much more enjoyable to train.

15 hours ago, Jhoniee said:

For convenience this isn't about the plant dying , it's more for not having to check on multiple patches over and over again because you don't know if your crops need watering or cure from disease... A timer would be a big plus as well, would make farming much more enjoyable to train.

As we said, they can't die. which means they don't have to be watered and cured. They cannot be diseased.

Just check every ±45min  on herbs and every 8hours on trees. 

12 minutes ago, wingdragon said:

As we said, they can't die. which means they don't have to be watered and cured. They cannot be diseased.

Just check every ±45min  on herbs and every 8hours on trees. 

Wasn't talking about herbs or trees even though a timer on those would be nice.

Edit:

Just to clarify, I would like to see the following...

- notifications for allotments when they need to be watered or cured.

- notification when a plant/tree is fully grown and ready to be harvested.

- timer for herbs and trees.

I think these things will make farming more enjoyable in my personal opinion because I really didn't like the fact that there was no notification system put in place.

Edited by Jhoniee
Clarification

We already have timers for Herbs and other farming stuff. Enable it in Runelite Client under [Time Tracking]

image.png.c4f0bbb7197e743b53b0196d0162a95e.png

image.png.5974ded8e6f569125363716715678f04.png

Edited by Nelt
Extra Screenshot showing it works.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nelt said:

We already have timers for Herbs and other farming stuff. Enable it in Runelite Client under [Time Tracking]

image.png.c4f0bbb7197e743b53b0196d0162a95e.png

Ohh, ok. That's good news, really don't know much about runelite. I guess the timers could be left out. Still would like to see some type of notification system for allotments when they need to be watered or cured from disease.