Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Willi

Qol/Suggestions/Fixes

There have been things broken for a while in the game that haven't been fixed and general QOL updates that don't get picked up on or suggested so here is a list that may help in making the server better.

• Cox Purple Light (I heard something about this not being possible but I don't know what it was exactly)
  • Zamorak/Armadyl Reworks again (I don't think everything should have to be the same as osrs so I think overall defences should be lowered)
  • Charged item placeholders
  • Coffer at the new minigame area
  • Mystic gloves added somewhere else than jellies and imps for medium clues
  • Donator drop rate boost removed and global event added for additional drop rate
  • Herbi added to fossil island to add more content with birdhouses
  • Arclight buff/Slayer helm stack
  • Enable Sire again
  • Slightly lower drop rate on all visages
  • Add hespori, seed vault,  farm contracts and Twisted Bow spawn (Farm-able secondaries)
  • Add rev weapons and/or emblems to wildy bosses to give an incentive to kill them
  • Lower the rate of the new minigame drop table
  • Stackable clue caskets
  • Elf camp teleport added to the teleport menu
  • Blast Furnace
  • Add correct bonuses for the wilderness chaos altar when using bones on it
  • Add Harmony Island, Trollheim, Weiss and hosidius herb patches into the game and into the teleport menu with all of them being disease free
  • Add instances to boss rooms such as gwd, kbd, smoke devil and kq for a fee of like 200k per hour
  • Add the new shamans area with 2 in each of the seperate compartments
  • Add the raids qol updates they did in osrs, making ice demon faster by giving more than 1 log per tree cut
  • Disable spinners in pest control when the party size is >3
  • Ability to use enchantment scroll on trident of swamp and seas to make it the enchanted version which can hold 20k charges (edit)

Another point I wanted to bring up was the lack of testing for the new updates that come into the game for example the new minigame that was added is broken and you end up losing your items, the defences of the monsters are way too high and overall is a bad experience. Whether this is the testers themselves or the time you guys allocate for testing I don't know but it is just how I see it.

Thanks for reading anyway if you have anything to add comment it below and I will add it to this list and anything you don't like please comment and tell me why.

• Like 2

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to monster defense being too high in the minigame; it's the exact same as outside the minigame. But anyway, lots of good suggestions here. Some are on the todo list already and some aren't, but it's always good to get more visibility into the QoL things that should be higher priority. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peri said:

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to monster defense being too high in the minigame; it's the exact same as outside the minigame. But anyway, lots of good suggestions here. Some are on the todo list already and some aren't, but it's always good to get more visibility into the QoL things that should be higher priority. 

I've heard from multiple people that the defence is higher in the minigame and also felt like it when I was doing it too. Could still be wrong just going off what I'm told and I have only done a few runs of it because of bugs etc.

1 hour ago, Willi said:

Another point I wanted to bring up was the lack of testing for the new updates that come into the game for example the new minigame that was added is broken and you end up losing your items

It was tested, I had the server online on my end for the staff to test it over a couple of days. Things can unfortunately missed when its something specific such as this. It's being fixed currently for next update.

1 hour ago, Willi said:

the defences of the monsters are way too high

Can you be specific and state which bosses?

4 minutes ago, Deluxe said:

It was tested, I had the server online on my end for the staff to test it over a couple of days. Things can unfortunately missed when its something specific such as this. It's being fixed currently for next update.

Can you be specific and state which bosses?

It was Zammy in particular that I noticed it on

I've done zammy in the minigame and it's the same as normal. I bet the only difference is that people are used to having slayer tasks for the bosses they do outside the minigame. 

2 hours ago, Willi said:

Donator drop rate boost removed

The point of it being added was to give an actual donation benefit players wanted/suggested -

No point in removing it since we won't be able to please everyone about it.

Edited by Deluxe

4 minutes ago, Deluxe said:

The point of it being added was to give an actual donation benefit players wanted/suggested -

No point in removing it.

I see that, I just hope drop rate % boosts don't get out of hand because regular items such as zulrah uniques are getting quite common due to all the bonuses we are getting.

2 hours ago, Willi said:

Add correct bonuses for the wilderness chaos altar when using bones on it

It was mentioned before in QA iirc and the bonus on it doesn't exist because prayer is a combat skill and the bonus exp in wilderness doesn't work for combat skills. Unless you're on about something else

2 hours ago, Willi said:

Lower the rate of the new minigame drop table

To how much?

2 hours ago, Willi said:

Mystic gloves added somewhere else than jellies and imps for medium clues

Add it where?

2 hours ago, Willi said:

Elf camp teleport added to the teleport menu

I don't mind adding this but not adding it to the panel does give some use to the Elf camp teleport scrolls that people can get from the clue scrolls

1 hour ago, Deluxe said:

It was mentioned before in QA iirc and the bonus on it doesn't exist because prayer is a combat skill and the bonus exp in wilderness doesn't work for combat skills. Unless you're on about something else

To how much?

Add it where?

I don't mind adding this but not adding it to the panel does give some use to the Elf camp teleport scrolls that people can get from the clue scrolls

To verify, I did mean that the gilded altar bonus should be added to the chaos altar

aaAiANb.png

I'd say add a roll of the table as a 1/50 - 1/100 chance unless there is currently multiple rolls to hit it.

Add mystic gloves to infernal mages for 1/100

The elf teleport scrolls are the only scrolls in clues so they are kind of out of place anyway plus it sets people back from obtaining a crystal shield if they don't have any scrolls

Edited by Willi

I agree and support most of these changes/qol. 

Couple of additions for some:

4 hours ago, Willi said:

Lower the rate of the new minigame drop table

I feel like the donator+xp bonus+ minigame bonus is a lot, I've done 46 ish of keree, kraken, mole, and zulrah. 1 godsword shard, 1 hilt and 1 magic fang. Note i only have xp bonus plus 5-6% minigame bonus. Idk i kinda wanta test more.

4 hours ago, Willi said:

Add the raids qol updates they did in osrs, making ice demon faster by giving more than 1 log per tree cut

I would like to add on this somehow improving thieving room to need less per solo. Currently its like 65 worms on a solo, should be 50 according to osrs. Making this lower would make scouting a bit better.

• Like 1

Just now, Bandit said:

I agree and support most of these changes/qol. 

Couple of additions for some:

I feel like the donator+xp bonus+ minigame bonus is a lot, I've done 46 ish of keree, kraken, mole, and zulrah. 1 godsword shard, 1 hilt and 1 magic fang. Note i only have xp bonus plus 5-6% minigame bonus. Idk i kinda wanta test more.

I would like to add on this somehow improving thieving room to need less per solo. Currently its like 65 worms on a solo, should be 50 according to osrs. Making this lower would make scouting a bit better.

In regards to your first point, I am refering to the table that is specific just for the dominion zone rather than boosting the drop rate of items from the bosses and yes I forgot about the thieving room my bad.

emvMsnq.png

This table has a rate of 1/500

7 minutes ago, Willi said:

In regards to your first point

Oh derp. Yeah agree. 

On 4/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, Willi said:

• Cox Purple Light (I heard something about this not being possible but I don't know what it was exactly)
  • Zamorak/Armadyl Reworks again (I don't think everything should have to be the same as osrs so I think overall defences should be lowered)
  • Donator drop rate boost removed and global event added for additional drop rate
  • Arclight buff/Slayer helm stack
  • Slightly lower drop rate on all visages
  • Add rev weapons and/or emblems to wildy bosses to give an incentive to kill them
  • Elf camp teleport added to the teleport menu
  • Add instances to boss rooms such as gwd, kbd, smoke devil and kq for a fee of like 200k per hour
  • Disable spinners in pest control when the party size is >3

1. Don't need to know why really, but Deluxe said it wasn't possible. 
2. All GWD bosses have already been nerfed unless it was recently reverted with Dominion. 
3. No support
4. I don't think Arclight needs a buff but slayer helm stack would be nice. 
5. No support
6. No support
7. No support, use clue teles
8. Don't know if hourly is the best way to do that, either way no support 
9. Maybe >2

33 minutes ago, hxpless said:

image.png.353f44aff2645a2e1a90bdd6dfd847c8.pngFigured I had to break it down for your, and I quote, '20 IQ'

Thank you for your 10/10 paint skills. 

Agree with most of these QoL's, specially lowering the defence of Zamorak and Arma. 

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, Willi said:

Coffer at the new minigame area

This is already live ingame

Mystic gloves added somewhere else than jellies and imps for medium clues

I've increased the drop rate for the mystic gloves from jellies (and the other variants) to 1/50 instead of 1/512

Add correct bonuses for the wilderness chaos altar when using bones on it

Discussed it with QA+ and the general opinion was that it would end up being a bit OP and makes gilded altars a bit useless. We could balance it with reducing the rate at which the bone is saved but open to feedback on this. On the topic of the chaos altar, the Elder chaos druid has been added for the next update so you'll be able to unnote your bones for GP.

22 hours ago, Deluxe said:

This is already live ingame

I've increased the drop rate for the mystic gloves from jellies (and the other variants) to 1/50 instead of 1/512

Discussed it with QA+ and the general opinion was that it would end up being a bit OP and makes gilded altars a bit useless. We could balance it with reducing the rate at which the bone is saved but open to feedback on this. On the topic of the chaos altar, the Elder chaos druid has been added for the next update so you'll be able to unnote your bones for GP.

It's definitely not too op you are risking your bones for extra exp and it may also help boost wildy activity

1 hour ago, Willi said:

It's definitely not too op you are risking your bones for extra exp and it may also help boost wildy activity

We'd rather something be underpowered than overpowered when changes like this are added. The whole thing with comparing Indova to OSRS is that there's certain things that just can't be the same due to certain aspects being completely different so a comparison shouldn't be made in such cases. OSRS obviously has a lot of players and you'll run in to a lot more pkers, that isn't the case on Indova. You'll probably be in an empty wilderness most of the time and getting a load of XP without risk of getting killed, this is what makes it OP. If we feel that it could do with the additional XP, we will consider it but we will still take other possibilities in to account when it comes to the balancing.

• Like 1

Arclight buff/Slayer helm stack

From what I checked, it already stacks

Edit: Looked in to it further, fixed a typo with the imbued version bonus. Should be the fix you're looking for I think

Zamorak/Armadyl Reworks again (I don't think everything should have to be the same as osrs so I think overall defences should be lowered)

Lowered the defence level and defence bonuses of both for next update

Charged item placeholders

We would but we don’t want to risk any dupes with it. There’s also some missing placeholder items which we believe is because of the pvpmode items having replaced the placeholder items. We’d need to figure something out with this, even if it means removing pvpmode items.

4 hours ago, Deluxe said:

Lowered the defence level and defence bonuses of both for next update

We would but we don’t want to risk any dupes with it. There’s also some missing placeholder items which we believe is because of the pvpmode items having replaced the placeholder items. We’d need to figure something out with this, even if it means removing pvpmode items.

PvPmode Items are dead content, so remove them. Aslong as you're allowed to set your Combat stats and use REGULAR runes in ;;pvpmode, it'll not change anything.