Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Justin

Vote Points/Shop

Recommended Posts

Hello In this suggestion thread I am suggesting that we remove Phats and santa's and hweens, stick em in the box's that they used to be, and keep in strictly in ::Stores. Allowing players to donate for these rares, also allowing for the black h ween/ black phat to be in the economy. 

 

 

Also, I would like to suggest that we add some new items/ potential desireables. Some example to add to shop are:

 

3rd age Ring! - 75k Vote Points

Item of the Week Items* - 10k Vote Points

Rain Bow - 25k Vote Points

Monster Slippers* - 20k Vote Points

Climbing boots (G) - 10k Vote Points

Spiked Manacles  - 10k Vote Points

Katana - 25k Vote Points

 

* = Items further suggested to be in set random rotation in a pool of some sort. Just like Item of the Week items in the Crystal Chest. There are many items and maybe 2/3 of these items have to feature bi-monthly instead of a permanant placement in the store.

 

! = This item is to be half of the reason that people vote. As it stands in OSRS the 3A ring is strictly a cosmetic where if you move that chosen feature is no longer visible and is required to be manually featured again.

Edited by Kadachi
Merged topics; title required a change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind adding some more items to vote store (I don't know which).

First of all, we don't have the latest client of OSRS (yet?).

Besides, I think we should leave those clue items to clues. and the rarer ones (new ornament kits/3a items) to mimic if it gets implemented.

I don't mind seeing the Item of the Week in vote store. but probably hard to make it rotate every week.

 

I don't mind like to see H'weens and phats get moved to store, but I think it will take a while to get them to increase in price

 

Once again, Katana is already in-game.

 

Mostly a No from me on these items.

However, I wouldn't mind to have the rarer items in clue to get a bit more common

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wingdragon said:

I wouldn't mind adding some more items to vote store (I don't know which).

First of all, we don't have the latest client of OSRS (yet?).

Besides, I think we should leave those clue items to clues. and the rarer ones (new ornament kits/3a items) to mimic if it gets implemented.

I don't mind seeing the Item of the Week in vote store. but probably hard to make it rotate every week.

 

I don't mind like to see H'weens and phats get moved to store, but I think it will take a while to get them to increase in price

 

Once again, Katana is already in-game.

 

Mostly a No from me on these items.

However, I wouldn't mind to have the rarer items in clue to get a bit more common

 

 

I feel like You like the set up just not the items presented? which is fine. I feel like we should have some clue reward items available else where because although people do clues, I see ppl achieving a certain amounts daily, however i feel like theres a bigger crowd that doesn't do them at all. Its just 1 item and not all of them. (Talking bout the 3a Ring) which I think is fair cause you cant move with it on and it would make plenty of people vote. I would be welcoming of any other suggested options. 

 

And as it stands you need to vote A LOT for just 5k point. So, this would help players bite down and either buy vote or just consistently vote. Both ways is a plus.

 

 

Further more removing Phats and sticking them in ::store would allow for them to no longer be sought, making them sort of discontinued, making their value jump a bit and slowly but surely they will rise in prices. Same for hweens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the vote shop should consist of starter gear item(s) that would provide more of a reason/incentive to vote. Players who are new, won't be so sure to vote if there's items in the shop that provide 0 assistance to their start here at Indova.

 

Item(s) such as:

 

- Fighter torso

- Rune Defender

- Certain Barrow's set

- Ornament kits

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HC Kiyoshi said:

I feel like the vote shop should consist of starter gear item(s) that would provide more of a reason/incentive to vote. Players who are new, won't be so sure to vote if there's items in the shop that provide 0 assistance to their start here at Indova.

 

Item(s) such as:

 

- Fighter torso

- Rune Defender

- Certain Barrow's set

- Ornament kits

 

 

I can see that, however most of those items are easily  obtainable via slayer, well shoot play long enough(not that long seeing as Ornament's are low cost), all of them. As a non iron at least...

 

You can easily afk at greaters/black demons or something similar in points to collect gear to sell what you get and use those coins towards gear purchases to complete warriors guild/barrows. 

 

 

 

Personally, I feel like throughout many RSPS's that I've played, not saying Indova has to follow route, but i feel like vote shops were where the good stuff was at. We already vote with such minimal gains. Mainly players save/sell vote books, cash gets stocked, and you gain 75 vote points per vote. So that means in 1 vote u can get a super potion set at 15 points that you can use... as you train.. awesome... and 1 Crystal key which doesnt guarantee you anything that would help you progress or directly give u an item of wealth or of intrests. No not even, you'd be short by 25. Next item above that is an antique lamp that gives you an unlisted amount of exp towards 1 selective skill, priced at 425 vote points. Which means you'd have to vote twice in one day to access that lamp. And I find it very hard to see how the majority of players find that useful or even sensible. Unless Ironmen use them for something.

 

I can see how initially rares in the vote points was smart, shoot that's almost a quarter of the progress i made to Master Indovian. But in the end its not worth it because just like the items you've suggested (no ...harm intended) you can get them elsewhere cheaper and/or faster.

 

 

 

 

Instead I feel like The Vote Shop and the items in it should always be prioritized in a way because with this model/example of a suggestion I've posted above you can  be sure that people will want to vote more than the usual basis uninfluenced by Vote events, and with the correct amount of attention/priority you can add new items in/out of the eco, which can furthermore benefit the economy. Cause for example, If I were to miss one to two weeks of voting and missed out on the temporary supply of Monk slippers, I'd be pissed. But I'd wait til its next rotation over. It also puts more opportunities and options in the hands of the player.

 

 

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally hate clues and have yet to do a single one, so I wouldn't mind seeing those higher tier rares in the vote shop, especially when considering how important the voting system is to the server. Fighter torso and rune defender are a no from me, as they're already quite easily obtainable. Ornament kits are definitely a good addition to the shop, though, and as I mentioned previously, they should be removed and replaced with something else in the credits store as they're just terrible choices to spend your credits on. 

 

The bottom line is, the upkeep of the server is literally dependent on what the vote shop contains. Less desirable items, less incentive to vote, less votes overall and then we begin losing rank on top lists. At this point, I'd support almost anything within reason.

 

+1

 

Edit: My suggestion would be to add the champion's cape from the Achievement Rewards shop as a vote reward. No one has or likely ever will save up 100,000 achievement points to buy it and it's a nice cosmetic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kadachi said:

Literally hate clues and have yet to do a single one, so I wouldn't mind seeing those higher tier rares in the vote shop, especially when considering how important the voting system is to the server. Fighter torso and rune defender are a no from me, as they're already quite easily obtainable. Ornament kits are definitely a good addition to the shop, though, and as I mentioned previously, they should be removed and replaced with something else in the credits store as they're just terrible choices to spend your credits on. 

 

The bottom line is, the upkeep of the server is literally dependent on what the vote shop contains. Less desirable items, less incentive to vote, less votes overall and then we begin losing rank on top lists. At this point, I'd support almost anything within reason.

 

+1

 

Edit: My suggestion would be to add the Champion's Cape from the Achievement Rewards shop as a vote reward. No one has or likely ever will save up 100,000 achievement points to buy it & it's a nice cosmetic. 

Yeah ngl that cape is dope, I wouldnt mind voting for that. Thanks for your contribution.

 

And personally I dont value cosmetics as much as i do pvp/pvm items/gear because Im always out doing something if im not bankstanding overnight/morning as I sleep. I do agree it feels cool to look good in game, and in fact it takes some effort in acquiring certain items to look good, which adds a sense of wealth/clout but still... nah... lol. I think chilling in full ancestrals with my ely is just as bad ass.

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kadachi said:

Edit: My suggestion would be to add the champion's cape from the Achievement Rewards shop as a vote reward. No one has or likely ever will save up 100,000 achievement points to buy it and it's a nice cosmetic. 

 

Just wondering what will happen to the people that purchased the Champion's cape?

I think it has been discussed before and came to the conclusion that it would be sort of a "dick move" because they can't get those 100k Achievement Points back.

 

But after a night sleep, I agree with you on rares in the vote shop. But like in my opinion. Keep the 3a armor pieces in clues, but I don't mind seeing the tools/waps (wand/bow/longsword) in vote store. Since they were once in the mystery boxes, their value is not extremely high. + they can be used for skilling etc.

 

Edited by wingdragon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wingdragon said:

Just wondering what will happen to the people that purchased the Champion's cape?

I think it has been discussed before and came to the conclusion that it would be sort of a "dick move" because they can't get those 100k Achievement Points back.

 

But after a night sleeping, I agree with you on rares in the vote shop. But like in my opinion. Keep the 3a armor pieces in clues, but I don't mind seeing the tools/waps (wand/bow/longsword) in vote store. Since they were once in the mystery boxes, their value is not extremely high. + they can be used for skilling etc.

 

nJgDC1E.png

 

Nah seriously, I honestly would not vote if we had longswords and wands in the vote shop nor do I see them as that important to want to vote for.... tools? I dont see where in my gameplay I'd want to fit in a bow/wand/longsword unless they were drygore or chaotic or  twisted.

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wingdragon said:

Just wondering what will happen to the people that purchased the Champion's cape?

I think it has been discussed before and came to the conclusion that it would be sort of a "dick move" because they can't get those 100k Achievement Points back.

 

But after a night sleep, I agree with you on rares in the vote shop. But like in my opinion. Keep the 3a armor pieces in clues, but I don't mind seeing the tools/waps (wand/bow/longsword) in vote store. Since they were once in the mystery boxes, their value is not extremely high. + they can be used for skilling etc.

 

Has anyone actually purchased the cape, though? Even so, I think it's such a small, almost nonexistent sliver of the playerbase that would have it, so I don't see it being an issue if the cape was put in the store for like 50 or 75K points.

 

I totally agree with 3A armour pieces. Those are the staple clue items that should be left as clue rewards, even 3A weapons I wasn't really suggesting, just the off-hand rares.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kadachi said:

Just wondering what will happen to the people that purchased the Champion's cape?

 I think it has been discussed before and came to the conclusion that it would be sort of a "dick move" because they can't get those 100k Achievement Points back.

 

But after a night sleep, I agree with you on rares in the vote shop. But like in my opinion. Keep the 3a armor pieces in clues, but I don't mind seeing the tools/waps (wand/bow/longsword) in vote store. Since they were once in the mystery boxes, their value is not extremely high. + they can be used for skilling etc.

 

2 hours ago, Kadachi said:

Has anyone actually purchased the cape, though? Even so, I think it's such a small, almost nonexistent sliver of the playerbase that would have it, so I don't see it being an issue if the cape was put in the store for like 50 or 75K points.

 

I totally agree with 3A armour pieces. Those are the staple clue items that should be left as clue rewards, even 3A weapons I wasn't really suggesting, just the off-hand rares.

I personally have trouble choosing what else could be suggested as an "attention grabbing" item ... An Item above all that would make people go nuts and I dont think theres any kind of bow/bow/staff out there that would do the job. We basically have straight costmetics in the Vote Shop. Its def time to have them replaced, and removed. And again with this model its not like any item that gets selected would just stick there forever like phats. This suggestion's rate of success depends directly on the ability of the items put in shop are in rotation. This would add to the "grind" of actually acquiring an item, because (with the suggested points) it would take a while to buy even a lower cost item. Even if you're out here buying vote claims 15m ea.  Its going to take forever. Clues within themselves are such a small part of how people get loot, although theres no other way to get Ranger boots, so i can respect that. But still. yeah. If not 3rd age then what?

Maybe the point-cost within themselves can be a little bit higher in price... To better price everything.

 

 

 

And, the ring is just a transmog. Atleast i think thats what its called.

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, Instead of the 3A ring lets have a "box" That has a chance of giving one of the following items:

 

 

DFS

DFWard

Wyvern Ancient Shield

DWH

Toxic Staff of The Dead

Dragon Claws

Elder Maul

Dharock Set

Brimstone Ring

Primordial Boots

Pegasian Boots

Eternal Boots

Random Phat (black phat included but super rare)

Random Hween (Black Hween included but super rare)

Random Santa Hat (not included santaphat)

Torture Ammy

Anguish Ammy

Tormented Bracelet

Pet Rock

50m Cash

 

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a great concept to get the vote store looked at more, However the items presented are not something i would like to see added into it. The idea of removing phats and h weens from vote store is not a bad idea and moving them to ::Store however it makes it more of a p2w for the achievement for ironmen if that happens. If you managed to get around and change up the items on the suggestion I think that it would be a great thing to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Acoustic said:

Its a great concept to get the vote store looked at more, However the items presented are not something i would like to see added into it. The idea of removing phats and h weens from vote store is not a bad idea and moving them to ::Store however it makes it more of a p2w for the achievement for ironmen if that happens. If you managed to get around and change up the items on the suggestion I think that it would be a great thing to add.

To be fair, theres no other way to get Phats or Hweens, So why not just keep them as True Discontinued Rares and keep them RARE. Its not about the P2w and I mean if thats the case and I was an Iron I can imagine a few ways although unorthodox, to get a bond or two, Unconfirmed if possible tho.

fpqt4ZU.png

So yall can buy items from vote shops? So... Irons would be able to get the items too.

 

 

But seriously Im not too keen on changing the hot items because if were just going to get some mediocre stuff in there then I will not vote... not for that. I want hard ass items in the vote shop. Imo Voting needs to be a priority, always. Theres nothing else that gets to me to vote unless theres some sort of contest or Dbl Exp is like 5 votes away, other than that ... respectfully.. Im not voting for anything...cba.

 

 

What would u suggest?

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Justin said:

To be fair, theres no other way to get Phats or Hweens, So why not just keep them as True Discontinued Rares and keep them RARE. Its not about the P2w and I mean if thats the case and I was an Iron I can imagine a few ways although unorthodox, to get a bond or two, Unconfirmed if possible tho.

fpqt4ZU.png

So yall can buy items from vote shops? So... Irons would be able to get the items too.

 

 

But seriously Im not too keen on changing the hot items because if were just going to get some mediocre stuff in there then I will not vote... not for that. I want hard ass items in the vote shop. Imo Voting needs to be a priority, always. Theres nothing else that gets to me to vote unless theres some sort of contest or Dbl Exp is like 5 votes away, other than that ... respectfully.. Im not voting for anything...cba.

 

 

What would u suggest?

I wouldn't know what to suggest cause currently I dont vote as I have no reason to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Acoustic said:

I wouldn't know what to suggest cause currently I dont vote as I have no reason to.

Word I feel you.

 

Respectfully I absolutely would like to insert something that appeals towards the Iron Community... I just dont know/understand the gamestyle, so I wont speak for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is extremely biased as an ironman, but i'd love to see all barrows sets in ANY of the stores lol.  if ah and dh can be purchased with BM, i dont see why the other sets cant be bought from voting, pvm, or achievement stores.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travis22 said:

this is extremely biased as an ironman, but i'd love to see all barrows sets in ANY of the stores lol.  if ah and dh can be purchased with BM, i dont see why the other sets cant be bought from voting, pvm, or achievement stores.

I def would not like to leave out the Iron community I just dont know how or what to suggest for yall. I like the Idea for Ahrims and Dharocks being in the Pvp/BM Shop maybe seeing as that what they could/can/are used for. I just dont know how to suggest something for a game mode thats not allowed to buy/sell/trade...or atleast designed to initially... Ya know? But yes, If something can be done for the Iron man community in this then lets discuss it, but as for having all the barrows items being purchase able would whip out the purpose of Barrows being a minigame in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're looking at the possibility of adding a Clue mystery box which'll give certain clue rewards, still something we're discussing though. I believe I seen you suggesting that somewhere before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deluxe said:

We're looking at the possibility of adding a Clue mystery box which'll give certain clue rewards, still something we're discussing though. I believe I seen you suggesting that somewhere before.

I dont like clues, nor am I inclined to try them.

 

I'd imagine them being a super money sink or maybe in this case vote point sink and with my luck I'd probably never get anything. Been trying the Crystal Chest since I started, havent had any "Items of the Week", so nah. I mean it might be cool yeah I KNOW some ppl would actually come to love that, but nah..  Plus I dont want cosmetics... I want loot...wealth...

 

Respectfully of course I dont wanna sound spoiled saaying I want this I want that however this whole thread was based of my suggestion so yeah,, Its a no from me dawg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Justin said:

I dont like clues, nor am I inclined to try them.

 

I'd imagine them being a super money sink or maybe in this case vote point sink and with my luck I'd probably never get anything. Been trying the Crystal Chest since I started, havent had any "Items of the Week", so nah. I mean it might be cool yeah I KNOW some ppl would actually come to love that, but nah..  Plus I dont want cosmetics... I want loot...wealth...

 

Respectfully of course I dont wanna sound spoiled saaying I want this I want that however this whole thread was based of my suggestion so yeah,, Its a no from me dawg.

 

You aren't the only person who plays Indova. 

 

If it appeals to the masses, then why not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fatal Floors said:

 

You aren't the only person who plays Indova. 

 

If it appeals to the masses, then why not. 

yeah true Im not, but anyone else who feels like they have an issue with the Vote Shop is free to make their own opinionated suggestion, just like I did... Based on my Opinion.

However if you scroll up to my other posts I do ask for opinions so..... 

Elmo Shrug GIF - Elmo Shrug Soo GIFs

 

And If only the masses would show whats appealing via forums. PPl get directed to forums for everything and even thats a hassle for itself...

I'd rather not digress tho.

 

What say you then, Fatal? 

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we allow players to receive dbl the vote points after passing 1k manual votes?
This would allow players to be able to obviously buy stuff from the Vote Shop.

What, who knows... but if there ever is a change to the vote shop those who have deservingly earned it via voting over 1k times... would be prepared.... or we can just buy out phats and hweens... everyone loves those..

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Justin said:

Can we allow players to receive dbl the vote points after passing 1k manual votes?
This would allow players to be able to obviously buy stuff from the Vote Shop.

What, who knows... but if there ever is a change to the vote shop those who have deservingly earned it via voting over 1k times... would be prepared.... or we can just buy out phats and hweens... everyone loves those..

 

I wouldn't want to see this done until the vote shop itself is revamped with new items and adjusted prices. Going to merge this with your other vote topic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added items of the week from the crystal chest to the vote store for 10k vote points each. We'll start with the corrupt armour pieces first and then after we'll rotate them to different items after a week or so.

 

What vote price adjustments should take place for the existing items?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Important Information We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..