• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Sign in to follow this  
Indova

Gambling - Buy and Sell X - QoL

Hello everyone,

Remember to update your clients for some of these changes!

• After some discussion with the community and staff members: Flower Poker and Dicing have been added to Indova:
    • Players that can host gambling games are Legendary Indovians and Gamble Hosts. A Gamble Host is a new rank that can be redeemed via a new Gambler-rank bond purchased via ::store; this bond is tradeable
    • If you are not a valid host, you can still send a gambling request to someone who is a valid host
    • The command ::gamble will take you to the gambling area
    • Iron man and KOTS cannot participate in Gambling for obvious reasons
    • In the gambling area you will find a gambler npc who sells Mithril seeds for 5m and Dice bag for 5m; both of these items are infinite use so you will only need one
    • You can use the respective item on someone to request the gamble game (using mithril seeds on someone will request a flower poker game, etc) or you can right-click -> challenge them
    • There are currently two game modes: Flower Poker and Dicing
      • Flower Poker: has the traditional rule set except that black and white flowers are disabled - this is to avoid confusion as there's a lot of different opinions/thoughts on what these flowers actually do in a round
      • Dicing: when requesting a dice game, you will be asked how many rolls total you wish the game to have, the person you've invited will be prompted with the number of rolls you have requested. The game will automatically roll the dice for both players every 5 seconds, these being a "round". The winner of each round will gain 1 point and once all the rolls have gone by, the player with the most "points" wins
  • Implemented Buy/Sell X to shops. This will have a max cap of 100K or 10K if buying/selling unnoted or noted items respectively.
  • With the Buy/Sell X in shops being added, more shops have now been given unlimited stock while others have had an increase in their stock.
  • Fixed an issue where you weren't able to use ancients in the Dominion zone.
  • Verac's set, Dragon warhammer, Staff of Light, Dragon axe and pickaxe can now be sold to the Indova guide for Indova tokens.
  • Replaced the Corrupted armour set in Vote store with Crate with zanik, Gilded scimitar, Gilded boots, Harry's Cutlass, Shadow Sword and the Excalibur.
  • Added Blood runes to the Mage of Zamorak's Battle runes shop (in Wilderness).
  • Like 5

Not gonna lie, I complain a whole lot with the implements that Indova Contributes at times, however this update thread out of most is very pleasing and I applaud all staff members and testers involved in this update. Good work staff team. Hopefully more like this to come. Good Job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

AWESOME! 

Though i am a bit sad about that crate with zanik, already spent 700+ keys trying to get that and now its in shop xD I'm just a little bit salty. But otherwise gj :D

Edited by Enjoy Skilla

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Enjoy Skilla said:

AWESOME! 

Though i am a bit sad about that crate with zanik, already spent 700+ keys trying to get that and now its in shop xD I'm just a little bit salty. But otherwise gj :D

Same but within my experience I literally just got my 1st weekly item drop for the 1st time out of the year today.... I find this more efficient. 

Edited by Justin

As always great job with this update. I'm excited about gambling as I can now not only blame Tom for my bad rng at duel arena, drops, and pets but also at gamble as well. GG

• Like 1

Nice update, not as interesting for me this time since I hate gambling..
BUT I love the Buy x option, thanks alot

Great update! Thank you for listening to community feedback on this and implementing promptly. 

I'd suggest not allowing skilling here or, if possible, allowed only at chest because some skills like firemaking would get annoying here.

• Like 1

As an ironman player this doesn't make any difference to me, but I have never seen adding gambling positively change a server. Always ends the same way, a small group of people control an absolutely enormous amount of wealth until they control everything about the economy. Hope this one turns out differently.

Great job, team. Always fond of new updates.

Thank you thank you.

15 hours ago, traded said:

I have never seen adding gambling positively change a server. Always ends the same way, a small group of people control an absolutely enormous amount of wealth until they control everything about the economy. 

The same could happen with the Duel arena?

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2019 at 3:25 AM, Deluxe said:

The same could happen with the Duel arena?

Duel arena never seems to have the same effect. Maybe because less people are willing to go stake smaller amounts, but dice hosts will take free money in any amount from any people. 

6 hours ago, traded said:

Duel arena never seems to have the same effect. Maybe because less people are willing to go stake smaller amounts, but dice hosts will take free money in any amount from any people. 

Try Flower Poker, seems to be the "thing" here in Indova.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:12 AM, Indova said:

the person you've inviting

👌🏻

Never been a big fan of gambling on private servers because of personal negative experiences that I have had with gambling, and the negative implications it has on private servers. The only way I have ever agreed for gambling is when it is 100% automatic, so I hope this is how you implemented it. Is the Flower Poker also automatic, or is it run by the hosts?