Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
YN Slash

Duo DMZ

Sitting here, bank standing, watched a ton of eco move around today, a ton went to indova guide and as a wealthy player I'm at the point where I'm just going to start collecting cosmetics and helping/teaching other/new players. 

I was thinking of another task to do with a friend, but there wasn't really any I could do with his ironman hoping for a pet while trying to get him items at the same time, as I would somewhere like CoX or ToB(need I remind you, I'm very very bored of sometimes lol) so I was thinking that duo dmz might make the other bosses more popular. I thought of three ways this could be done:

1. x2 NPC/Boss spawns where able (disable others for duo) & players receive loot for the boss they did the most damage on
  2. Increased NPC defence and accuracy & players receive randomized loot like CoX or ToB
  3. A mixture of both

Welp, that was my thought process on this suggestion. Duo NMZ is a thing in osrs, albeit I'm aware DMZ is different I thought it'd be even more warranted considering how many duo and regular iron we have. This also makes it so early accounts that couldn't do dmz before can leech items off mains like in cox. 

See in comments for a more in depth explanation 

Edited by YN Slash

26 minutes ago, YN Slash said:

Sitting here, bank standing, watched a ton of eco move around today, a ton went to indova guide and as a wealthy player I'm at the point where I'm just going to start collecting cosmetics and helping/teaching other/new players. 

I was thinking of another task to do with a friend, but there wasn't really any I could do with his ironman hoping for a pet while trying to get him items at the same time, as I would somewhere like CoX or ToB(need I remind you, I'm very very bored of sometimes lol) so I was thinking that duo dmz might make the other bosses more popular. I thought of three ways this could be done:

1. x2 NPC/Boss spawns where able (disable others for duo) & players receive loot for the boss they did the most damage on
  2. Increased NPC defence and accuracy & players receive randomized loot like CoX or ToB
  3. A mixture of both

Welp, that was my thought process on this suggestion. Duo NMZ is a thing in osrs, albeit I'm aware DMZ is different I thought it'd be even more warranted considering how many duo and regular iron we have. 

I wouldnt like to see raid items hit the DMZ Loot pool. Raids are end tier minigames for a reason. However I do agree w your previous suggestion on upping void/maxed gear cause the points are too closely knit to  notice much of a difference. However I do like the idea of going into DMZ with a partner.

Furthermore I'd like to possibly suggest that we could be allowed to go beyong a maximum of 4 rounds to maybe 6 rounds with additional boss fighters per round as we can help each other via focusing on specific npc's. That would require a rehaul on a new stage and adding multi and stuff like that, im assuming.

I also agree w increasing npc defense and accuracy if we can allow both participants to combat in multizones throughout the attempt/s. 

Or maybe just kill regular bosses if you want to duo or help people out?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I wouldnt like to see raid items hit the DMZ Loot pool. Raids are end tier minigames for a reason. However I do agree w your previous suggestion on upping void/maxed gear cause the points are too closely knit to  notice much of a difference. However I do like the idea of going into DMZ with a partner.

Furthermore I'd like to possibly suggest that we could be allowed to go beyong a maximum of 4 rounds to maybe 6 rounds with additional boss fighters per round as we can help each other via focusing on specific npc's. That would require a rehaul on a new stage and adding multi and stuff like that, im assuming.

I also agree w increasing npc defense and accuracy if we can allow both participants to combat in multizones throughout the attempt/s. 

not what I meant by 'like cox/tob' i meant the same way a unique is displayed/the receiver is chosen(e.g i did most damage by 30% so i have 30% more chance to get whatever uniques in my name. so if i got arma top, my duo could still end up with trident, or vice versa. :P thanks for the support regardless.

1 hour ago, slicey said:

Or maybe just kill regular bosses if you want to duo or help people out?

sure. maybe i can solo tob and duo cox but maybe i don't want to and i want the dmz drop table. plus, that wouldn't fix the dilemma i've providded which is, more in depth, that I have too much wealth over this ironman and would have to hand feed him kills. that's such a redundant and rhetoric way to contribute to a suggestion lol. it'd be fine if you at least contributed a reason as to why this update shouldn't be added, or shared your thought process. the reason I thought of this being added isn't even so relevant to the suggestion to warrant a comment like that. thanks simon. 

3 hours ago, YN Slash said:

I was thinking of another task to do with a friend, but there wasn't really any I could do with his ironman hoping for a pet while trying to get him items at the same time, as I would somewhere like CoX or ToB

this would also provide ironmen a way to duo and have loots split out at their rngs discretion if they're not duo already, since mains lose out doing things with irons in a lot of cases. on osrs most parties don't accept them at cox etc for that reason even if its FFA.

Edited by YN Slash

Unfortunately I have to disagree with this..
There was another thread some time ago about adding stuff to DMZ.
And I'm gonna say what I said there - It turns the server into a wasteland -
DMZ is instanced so normal GWD for example would become more dead than it already is..
Also DMZ is too overpowered as in - risk reward if it would turn out like this, in my opinion ofcourse

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Izay said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree with this..
There was another thread some time ago about adding stuff to DMZ.
And I'm gonna say what I said there - It turns the server into a wasteland -
DMZ is instanced so normal GWD for example would become more dead than it already is..
Also DMZ is too overpowered as in - risk reward if it would turn out like this, in my opinion ofcourse

19 hours ago, YN Slash said:

with option number two the amount of wealth received per run would not double but if anything lessen your chances by half of the current rate. 

Dom zone is intended to be played solo, why throw all these other unnecessary options in to the mix when there’s already enough reward from it. We’d also rather not keep going back to it when it’s fine as is