Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Peri

Beginner's Guide to Chambers of Xeric (WIP)

** CURRENTLY A WORK IN PROGRESS**

Chambers of Xeric

Table of Contents

1. Intro
  2. Rewards
  3. Requirements/Recommendations
  4. Gear/Inventory Setup
  5. To be continued with in-depth mechanics...

Intro

Hey everyone, and welcome to my Chambers of Xeric guide. After my Theatre of Blood guide (shameless plug) I've received numerous requests for a Chambers of Xeric guide so here it is. Now, just as with my ToB guide and as the title states, this will mostly be a guide for beginners. The goal here is to get people who have never raided before, or maybe never soloed before, and send them on their way that to soloing that TBow drop. As such, I will be focusing on the basic mechanics and basic gear setups and won't go into things like a max gear setup or the most optimal way to run each room. So, let's get to it.

Rewards

To be completed...

Requirements/Recommendations

To be completed...

Gear/Inventory Setup

As I said in the intro, since this is a beginner's guide I won't show the absolute max gear setup but rather just a basic gear setup with some possible item alternatives. Similarly, this is an inventory that's set up with the expectation that you will be making potions inside the raid in order to prep for the final boss. Generally if you are more experienced with raiding and running "no-preps" (i.e. not making any potions inside the raid and instead completing the entire raid with only the items you bring in and the ones that drop along the way), you'd probably want to bring more potions.

0l2bQWa.pngyt6U1T7.png

Let's start with the gear.

• Elite Void - Void is a great gear setup for beginners since it allows you to bring fewer gear switches, is very easy to get, and is still pretty solid stats-wise.
  • Necklace of Anguish - Your standard best-in-slot range necklace. Fury is acceptable if you don't have Anguish.
  • Ava's Assembler - Best-in-slot range cape. Self-explanatory. The lower-level Ava's items will work.
  • Pegasian Boots - Best-in-slot range boots. Dragonhide or Snakeskin Boots will work here.
  • Brimstone Ring - Provides Melee, Range, and Mage bonuses so this is great for using all 3 combat styles in raids. You could bring an Archer's Ring if you don't have a Brimstone Ring, or all 3 Dag Rings if you want to bring more switches.
  • Any blessing - Free prayer bonus.
  • Toxic Blowpipe - Your main ranged weapon. Twisted Bow would be an obvious upgrade, but I wouldn't recommend anything lower than a Blowpipe.

And now the inventory.

• First up, a 6-way melee switch. You can bring more than 6, or you can bring less than 6, but I feel that 6 is a good number that makes it easy to switch from 1 gear set to the next. Max melee gear like Bandos and so on would be better than Void, but this guide will just cover the void setup.
    • Void melee Helm - Self-explanatory.
    • Whip/Tentacle/Rapier/Dragonhunter Lance/Scythe of Vitur - Tons of options for melee weapons here. Solo raids are 100% doable with your basic Abyssal Whip, so anything above that is just an upgrade and is not necessary. Obviously bring your best defender if your chosen weapon is one-handed.
    • Amulet of Torture - Your standard best-in-slot melee amulet. Fury is acceptable.
    • Primordial Boots - Best-in-slot melee boots. Dragon Boots are fine.
    • Infernal Cape - Best-in-slot melee cape. Fire cape is fine.
  • Next is a 6-way mage switch. Again, 6 is just a nice number and you can bring more or less if you want. If you have a Tormented Bracelet, a normal mage setup rather than Void would be better, but again I won't cover that here.
    • Void Mage Helm - Self-explanatory.
    • Trident/Swamp Trident/Sanguinesti Staff - Really anything with a built-in spell should get the job done. Hell, you could do it with an Iban's Staff.
    • Mage Offhand - Obviously Arcane Spirit Shield would be best here, but I only have that in the screenshot because I didn't have anything worse. Any kind of mage offhand will do the trick, even an empty prayer book just for the prayer bonus.
    • Occult Necklace - Best-in-slot mage necklace. Your trusty fury would work here.
    • Eternal Boots - Best-in-slot mage boots. Basic stuff like Mystic Boots would be fine.
    • Imbued God Cape - Best-in-slot mage cape. Bring along a regular God Cape if you haven't done Mage Arena 2 yet.
  • And finally let's round it out with the supplies and miscellaneous items.
    • Sara Brews - Self-explanatory healing potions. As I said above, if you were running "no-preps" you could bring more than I have here, just to make sure you don't run out. 5 should be plenty if you're planning on making potions inside the raid, which I would 100% recommend for beginners.
    • Super Restores - Self-explanatory. Maybe bring 1 or 2 more if you're running no-preps.
    • Antipoison Potion of some kind - One of the rooms you can get in the raid is Lizardman Shamans which can poison you, so it doesn't hurt to bring in an antipoison so you're not needlessly poisoned. This is optional, really.
    • Super Combat Potion - Self-explanatory. You really only need it leading up to the Olm fight, since you'll be using Overloads for that fight.
    • Range Potion - Same as above.
    • Pickaxe - One of the rooms you can get requires use of a pickaxe to defeat it, so you should always bring one just in case. 
    • Dragon Warhammer - This is not required but it is a huge help. Not only is the spec great for fights against Tekton and Olm, but it also acts as a hammer for the Crab puzzle room (more on that later). 

** TO BE CONTINUED**

• Like 1

Looking good, Peri.

Excellent Guide Peri.

Could you possibly show how to set up white-list and blacklist setups for common scouted raid lists?

Also I've found the Dwh to be a decent melee weapon to use as a melee weapon in raids/olm.

10 hours ago, Justin said:

Could you possibly show how to set up white-list and blacklist setups for common scouted raid lists?

That's a good idea. I did plan on having a section on scouting, and the whitelist/blacklist feature is definitely helpful for that.

• Like 1