• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Sign in to follow this  
Indova

Indova Rebrand

Hello everyone,

Some of you may of seen myself and Deluxe hinting towards making some changes to Indova, however these hints were given towards specific ranks, such as staff. As some of you may know, Indova has been out for quite some time now and a lot of RSPS players have already heard of us and might've tried us out at some point.

Before we get into what the change is, I want to give a bit of background first

Why we are making this decision

Those who have been with Indova since the start know that it has changed a lot in terms of player progression, such as terms of drop rates, user-friendliness, etc. An example of this is how players in the past have quit due to how "grindy" Indova was back in the day, compared to now.

We have also done things such as steer away from being an OSRS replica (osrs btw) and started to add custom content that's not from OSRS (such as Dominion Zone). Whenever we add content from 07, we will strive to emulate it to the pinch, however we are open to creating custom content and even making changes to the emulated content to not be as "grindy".

What's the change?

Indova is getting a rebrand. New name, new home, new content additions.

We have several changes in mind and we're in the progress of making said changes and still planning others out.

What sort of changes can we expect?

This list is not final, but we don't want to leave everyone in the complete dark, so this is still subject to change

• Custom home
  • Custom raids (Raids 3?)
  • Custom QoL
    • such as a new shop interface for easier search-ability on items
  • New end-game content
    • with the rebrand, we are looking into creating a brand with a new item (for example a new gem) that can be used for end-game custom content. Can, for example, be rewarded through our custom raids
  • Predetermined XP rates with new Game Modes
    • Instead of having a complete choice of XP rates, we will create predetermined Game Modes with predetermined XP rates. This was suggested by staff in order to avoid confusion for new players

There's a lot more planned, but these are some of the main things we are planning/working on.

Will there be an eco reset?

There was some internal discussions whether or not we should do an eco reset for the rebrand. An eco reset would definitely help with the 'hype' factor around the rebrand, so it was definitely something to consider. However, after seeing how supportive our community has been through the past couple months, even without knowing what we had planned - made me feel that Indova is a family where no one is disposable (at least the loyal community members), so I just couldn't bring myself to simply deleting everyone's progress just to have a bit more player boost on the rebrand launch.

tl;dr: no eco reset, unless for some reason everyone is in favor of one - but would have to be a big majority (90%+?)

Media

Take the following with a grain of salt, as some things are not complete and some may be subject to change

SrYCiwA.png

BYNsxyp.png

5UpXphB.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, C R I M said:

Glad some light is being shed on this. Do we have an ETA or TBA?

No ETA yet

ETA to ETA? :slomoparrot:

23 hours ago, C R I M said:

Glad some light is being shed on this. Do we have an ETA or TBA?

1 hour ago, zixxen said:

ETA to ETA? :slomoparrot:

I feel as if people need to know when this is going to happen, many people talk about quitting due to the activity of staff members and how often the server is being updated and what is being added on said updates which isn't much. The last major content update was dmz.

28 minutes ago, Willi said:

I feel as if people need to know when this is going to happen, many people talk about quitting due to the activity of staff members and how often the server is being updated and what is being added on said updates which isn't much. The last major content update was dmz.

If there was a date to give, we would have given one already.

42 minutes ago, Deluxe said:

If there was a date to give, we would have given one already.

So we're just gonna sit here and watch the server go down to 5 players concurrent? With nobody knowing if we're gonna see any changes soon. Theres been a lot of people sat at home for days/weeks contemplating whether they want to continue playing or quit because of the lack of content and it's really sad to see because this is one of the best osrs rsps' out there and we don't wanna see it die like this after people putting in so many hours.

Edited by Willi

rip indova

• Like 1

Not interested in seeing new end game content items, would completely kill what I look for in a rsps. Dominion zone fit perfectly into Indova for a few reasons, such as not having nightmare zone, and as mentioned "grindy", and a well needed minigame. My personal opinion is to stay up to date with the OSRS content and steer away from pink scythe scape. OSRS is already always going to be coming out with new end game content as well as all kinds of other nifty updates, so if you guys could simply just stay up to date with the current osrs update, while also creating a custom update here and there such as dominion zone, then I think this would be enough for the server to be good with. We started out very OSRS based so why change that? A new home would be nice but wouldn't be completely necessary. And pls no eco/account reset.

Raids 3 opinion - Instead of custom items, you could make raids 3 drop pvp armor and weapons such as vestas and statius. It keeps the runescape feel while on a closely relateable osrs rsps.

Edited by Baconkiller5
  • Like 3

Ive come to terms that Indova isnt gonna grow as Indova anymore. 

My only questions turned into debates yesterday in the discord. 

5 hours ago, C R I M said:

Ive come to terms that Indova isnt gonna grow as Indova anymore. 

My only questions turned into debates yesterday in the discord. 

Because they can't take negative feedback

17 hours ago, Baconkiller5 said:

My personal opinion is to stay up to date with the OSRS content and steer away from pink scythe scape. OSRS is already always going to be coming out with new end game content as well as all kinds of other nifty updates, so if you guys could simply just stay up to date with the current osrs update, while also creating a custom update here and there such as dominion zone, then I think this would be enough for the server to be good with. We started out very OSRS based so why change that

The problem with this is that this is what turned us into the "osrs btw" meme. The number of people that want to play a 1:1 osrs mirror rather than osrs itself it quite small, and I think that's why our player count was relatively low even at our peak. 

3 hours ago, Peri said:

The problem with this is that this is what turned us into the "osrs btw" meme. The number of people that want to play a 1:1 osrs mirror rather than osrs itself it quite small, and I think that's why our player count was relatively low even at our peak. 

Which I can agree on, like you guys and I said, Indova is not completly 1:1 to osrs, im saying custom content is okay such as dominion zone, blood money, pvm/pvp/skill/donator store etc. We're still a rsps! This is also why I suggested adding the pvp armors for raids 3 rewards, simply just to keep that runescape feel that most of us are striving for. All I'm saying is I wish we could stay up to date with the osrs updates because I feel people are always looking for a private server that is at osrs's latest addition. Please just stay away from things like purple zenytes, imbued twisted bows and duel wield scythes...

I'm a guy who started playing this server and for now I'm almost maxed on x25 and played for about 7 days (Game says that). 

I haven't feeled that this server lacks of content. I've never wanted to play a RSPS and have a feeling I'm playing the real deal. If I want to play the real deal, then I'll start OSRS and go on from there. 

I've enjoyed it right now, I've been only skilling so I haven't been able to PvM. I'm looking forward for that as I'm not a good PvMer.

Just don't reset economy, I think that many old players will leave then.

If you ever want to get as many players as you did before you're going to have to reset/re-release. The only people who don't want a reset are the current players (15 players). If you're trying attract new or old players back to the game, they're not going to play it if they see people in max gear. You have no potential to even aim to hit 50 players if you do not re-release and that's the harsh truth, you have to accept it. Personally, i'd say to release a beta period 1-4 weeks and then start and advertisement campaign. Do discord invite competitions etc.

What killed this game was the developers lack of interest in new players. When I played, I told them that the drops were way too hard to get and similar to 07, they didn't seem to listen, but only to the few people who thought it was fine. Now look what it did. It killed the game so quickly and they fixed that mistake after the damage was already caused. Tldr; look at the game as if you're a new player looking for a server, not an existing player. You're attracting new players, not the ones that are already playing the game.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

8 hours ago, Jack Sparrow said:

If you ever want to get as many players as you did before you're going to have to reset/re-release. The only people who don't want a reset are the current players (15 players). If you're trying attract new or old players back to the game, they're not going to play it if they see people in max gear. You have no potential to even aim to hit 50 players if you do not re-release and that's the harsh truth, you have to accept it. Personally, i'd say to release a beta period 1-4 weeks and then start and advertisement campaign. Do discord invite competitions etc.

What killed this game was the developers lack of interest in new players. When I played, I told them that the drops were way too hard to get and similar to 07, they didn't seem to listen, but only to the few people who thought it was fine. Now look what it did. It killed the game so quickly and they fixed that mistake after the damage was already caused. Tldr; look at the game as if you're a new player looking for a server, not an existing player. You're attracting new players, not the ones that are already playing the game.

The drop rates aren't what killed the server at all, the player count was at its all time high when the drop rates we're close to osrs. When the server started to die they lowered the rates which didn't help.

25 minutes ago, Willi said:

The drop rates aren't what killed the server at all, the player count was at its all time high when the drop rates we're close to osrs. When the server started to die they lowered the rates which didn't help.

Well, when I played the server had quite a good playerbase, but then they refused to listen to new players whilst they listened to the old ones who suggested stupid stuff. Come back a few weeks later, saw 50 people online. They were high for a short period, but then people realised the grind is too much for a private server and when they suggested changes, they were shot down by old players who like the 'grind' and they just quit.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

18 hours ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Well, when I played the server had quite a good playerbase, but then they refused to listen to new players whilst they listened to the old ones who suggested stupid stuff. Come back a few weeks later, saw 50 people online. They were high for a short period, but then people realised the grind is too much for a private server and when they suggested changes, they were shot down by old players who like the 'grind' and they just quit.

There is no real reason why the playerbase went down, obviously the chain effect where once one leaves, the next one does, it could be the inpatience of a update, they could be simply bored, etc. I can agree with @extremeindovian.pngWilli that once drop rates were actually lowered, it made an effect to the game. The server was intended to be a osrs-server including drops with some custom abilities such as donating, voting, etc. I'm sure if we just got osrs's latest update we would all be hype, and it could attract people, possibly with advertising, that are looking to play the osrs new update on a rsps. If we can just stay up to date with the latest osrs update, we could be constantly drawing new players into the server. Just saying aswell why would they change the server you meant it to be? A rebrand doesnt have to be an economy or account reset, or custom items, etc. A rebrand can simply just be a name change a new home with a new sick update such as raids 3 then an advertisement for the rebrand.

Edited by Baconkiller5
  • Like 2

I would be all in for an eco reset, hell reset all my progress if you want to.  

its fun to start over :)

4 hours ago, Pelle said:

I would be all in for an eco reset, hell reset all my progress if you want to.  

its fun to start over :)

Very fun for people that spent thousands of hours