• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indova
Sign in to follow this  
Indova

Rebrand Update

Hello everyone,

We know that this update post is something a lot of you have been requesting. I personally apologize that it's taken this long, however this topic is really delicate and we wanted to get as much feedback and input before moving forward with an official statement. I'll try to answer the main questions some may have including what the rebrand is, why it's something we've decided on, what will happen to Indova.

What is the so-called rebrand?

The rebrand will be a new server. It'll be using Indova as its base and foundation with additions on top. Many of the additions we've done and are doing is custom content, such as a unique Raids 3 based on the desert city of Menaphos.

Does this mean we will be a custom server?

In a way. We will not have Spongebobs running around with AK47s though. We will add things that we feel stick to the OSRS feel, and look good enough for our expectations.

Will Indova be replaced with the rebrand?

This decision is why we've had a hard time releasing an official statement. We've listened to opinions from several members of our community. We generally found that people who've started playing Indova recently and haven't had a chance to experience everything would like Indova to simply be updated instead of launching a new server, as opposed to older players who see the benefits of launching it as an entirely new server.

Our decision is that the rebrand server will be launched without the player data from Indova. Players from Indova will receive a cosmetic, rank, and/or pet but this is to be decided in the near future. We know this is a tough call, I will attempt to explain why we made this decision further down in this post.

What will happen to my stuff from Indova?

We will keep Indova online, so you can always keep playing it as you've learned to love it.

Will Indova receive the same updates as the rebranded server?

Sadly, there is an issue with doing this because of the fact that a ton of bug fixes were only able to be performed due to the fact that we don't have to worry about the repercussions of old player data.

What if I made a bond purchase to Indova?

Any bond purchase within the past couple (length to be decided, probably 3 or 4) months will be transferred over to the new server on request for the first month or so of the relaunch.

Can I transfer my donator rank to the rebrand server?

Yes - we will allow a period of time (again, to be decided) where you can request your donator rank from Indova to receive on the rebrand server.

Why not just keep updating Indova instead?

We have tried this technique, we updated the server up to multiple times a week with new content and bug fixes. Sadly, this does not bring back players who gave Indova a chance and didn't like the feel it had (Indova used to be a lot more grindy, even having OSRS 1:1 drop rates from npcs). Once players give a server a chance and don't like it, the chance of them coming back is slim. We spent a lot of money on advertising Indova, but throwing more money at it didn't solve the issue with lack of players.

When is the rebrand being released?

The rebrand has been worked on for half a year now and it's pretty solid in terms of what we were looking to do. We are going to be looking into a beta sometime in April.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We will try our best to get to them all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update love to see how it comes along!

15 minutes ago, pooped myslf said:

What will happen to my donator status? Lol

Can I transfer my donator rank to the rebrand server?

Yes - we will allow a period of time (again, to be decided) where you can request your donator rank from Indova to receive on the rebrand server.

what will happen to all my donations done on indova server will i get the same ammount on the rebrand server?

1 minute ago, endemon said:

what will happen to all my donations done on indova server will i get the same ammount on the rebrand server?

Your purchases have been recent, so yes, if you would like them to be taken to the rebrand server they will

Can't wait for the beta to come out. Definitely going to be grinding away on there. Will we be able to choose our XP rates just like we can now or will you have a set selection of XP rates or will it just be 1 set rate? 

3 minutes ago, death fury said:

Can't wait for the beta to come out. Definitely going to be grinding away on there. Will we be able to choose our XP rates just like we can now or will you have a set selection of XP rates or will it just be 1 set rate? 

We will have predetermined game modes with set XP rates, however we also have a way to select a custom XP rates. The only difference here is that you won't get asked to choose a custom XP rate on account creation (done to avoid confusion for new players)

• Like 1

Thank you for providing the community with information.

I hope everyone is informed to their needs.

Slide em $5 to finish it

11 hours ago, Indova said:

Our decision is that the rebrand server will be launched without the player data from Indova.

This is honestly sad. This is a slap in the face of anyone who has continued to play no matter what. I remember many of us on QA attempted to tell you and the main group of staff team to increase the drop rates, but the feedback was always "No people like their grinds". I would list names, but the staff members that always refused this know who they are.

11 hours ago, Indova said:

We have tried this technique, we updated the server up to multiple times

Bug fixes is one thing. This server has not gotten a single content update since tom was sick. Idk how many months ago this was, but it was awhile. A server based on osrs without any recent osrs additions will die no matter what. I understand with wanting to do custom raids and be unique with that, but absolutely 0 content was what pushed the player base away. Blaming the player base just for leaving is a slap in all our faces, bug fixes for x amount of updates without any content is on you Tom. That will kill any server.

I grinded my 58 days 16 hours anyways. Fun journey through all the bad drop rates, end game bosses being extreme. I grinded the bad medium clues to try to make it better for future players and open your eyes to how bad it was. Hopefully you listen to people next time.  I won't grind another game just to see the same mistakes made again. GL and goodbye. Learn from your mistakes.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bandit said:

This is honestly sad. This is a slap in the face of anyone who has continued to play no matter what. I remember many of us on QA attempted to tell you and the main group of staff team to increase the drop rates, but the feedback was always "No people like their grinds". I would list names, but the staff members that always refused this know who they are.

They are still respecting Indova players by allowing them to xfer their donator status. So in theory you can just liquidate ur bank in halves one for new donator status and one for the xfer on over. 

Bug fixes is one thing. This server has not gotten a single content update since tom was sick. Idk how many months ago this was, but it was awhile. A server based on osrs without any recent osrs additions will die no matter what.

Even if Indova was to stay active and up to date with Osrs content, Indova has other issues elsewhere. Like the Economy, its Voting issues,and its Community issues. You can have a brand new 2020 SuperMcfast v12 but even that shit will get boring riding it everyday. The content was there, thankfully to players who've posted and participated, being important to the mix.

Blaming the player base just for leaving is a slap in all our faces, bug fixes for x amount of updates without any content is on you Tom.

Rude. Staff listens. They have reach. They have ears. I felt that they strictly catered to Irons cause of them allowing for drop trades but that wasnt the case, just because it wasnt an update I wanted to see, even though I may have been already upset at the current state of Indova at the time, doesnt mean they weren't listening. As above so below though, Indova kept things close to OSRS even the Irons on osrs are getting leniency in their gameplay in many aspects I dont understand as well.

I grinded my 58 days 16 hours anyways.

Csb

I grinded the bad medium clues to try to make it better for future players and open your eyes to how bad it was. Hopefully you listen to people next time.  I won't grind another game just to see the same mistakes made again. GL and goodbye. Learn from your mistakes.

i, i, i, i, i, e i e i ooo. And cringe.

Edited by Justin

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Rude. Staff listens

Don't reply to shit that you don't know anything about. You weren't apart of qa. You have no idea what went on in there, and what wasn't listened to. This is refferencing your entire reply.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bandit said:

Don't reply to shit that you don't know anything about. You weren't apart of qa. You have no idea what went on in there, and what wasn't listened to. This is refferencing your entire reply.

Bro this isnt your game. Chill out. What they only have to listen to QA? Get srs lol.

Edited by Justin

You need to stop being toxic, Everyone has different opinions so there's no point quoting others opinions because you don't agree with them. The server died because the owner went off sick and stopped with weekly updates.

People only play the big popular servers because they have 5+ devs all on contracts but also have 20+ devs who are paid per project who have the new osrs content out within hours/days

The majority of people who have stuck with the server through all ups and downs will be annoyed with the idea of a new server which you should compensate as we're still playing daily as we love the game.

Posted (edited)

I'm ready for raids 3.

Edited by lars 2

I hear loud and clear all things regarding Old Indova still being around for playing desires. But will you be fixing things like ::drops and any game breaking bugs such as when PC boats crashing and such? Basically bugs that happen will they still be fixed just on own time. Might sway some folks from sticking around or not. Thanks. 

21 hours ago, texasag said:

I hear loud and clear all things regarding Old Indova still being around for playing desires. But will you be fixing things like ::drops and any game breaking bugs such as when PC boats crashing and such? Basically bugs that happen will they still be fixed just on own time. Might sway some folks from sticking around or not. Thanks. 

Yes, though it's limited to what Deluxe can copy/paste from the rebrand branch to the Indova branch. Any fixes have to be copied over manually

Will all progress from the BETA be carried over to official launch when that happens?

On 4/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, Indova said:

Yes, though it's limited to what Deluxe can copy/paste from the rebrand branch to the Indova branch. Any fixes have to be copied over manually

What I mean is. I understand new content isn’t going to be very happening. But are you guys still planning on fixing small bugs that are necessary for gameplay. If major features break are you leaving them broken? Aka should I stop playing Indova? Not interested in a new custom server. Thanks. 

20 hours ago, ab94 said:

Will all progress from the BETA be carried over to official launch when that happens?

@ab94Your account on the new server will be reset when the beta ends, there will be a reward for participating in the beta though. 

So, I haven't played in quite some time now, as I've just been waiting for the rebrand to launch. But I see you state that only "recent" donators, and ranks etc will be transferred over. I must say, that's kind of like giving the finger to your Veteran player base who decide to follow to the new server. Essentially, it seems you're mostly just catering to the "new" player base, which is understandable as if there's no players, no server. But I feel like us Vets shouldn't be left in the dust like that, considering we've already been here to support you, the server, and the staff at some point in time.